Just like any other sport, Baseball is mostly a game of inches, from the corner-painting pitcher to the runner who is trying to beat a tag. These few inches often make a big difference between losing and winning a game. With such high stakes, players will always look to capture every possible advantage, and that includes having the best or most suitable pair of baseball turf shoes or cleats.
As a player, you need cleats that offer unlimited flexibility for those quick maneuvers on the baseball path. Baseball turf shoes that offer you the needed support could help you in avoiding injuries.
This guide helps you in selectin the best personal baseball turf shoes that the market has to offer by considering a number of factors. Also, we have highlighted some of the top-rated baseball turf shoes that you can consider in your next baseball equipment purchase.
Table of Contents
- Comparison of 10 Best Baseball Turf Shoes of 2020
- Top 10 Best Baseball Turf Shoes Review in 2020
- 1. Under Armour Jr. Baseball Shoe
- 2. Adidas Men’s Freak X Shoe
- 3. Mizuno Men’s Baseball Cleat
- 4. Under Armour Men’s UA Ignite Mid ST CC Shoe
- 5. New Balance Men’s Baseball Shoe
- 6. Mizuno Men’s Vapor Elite 7 Low Baseball Cleat
- 7. Mizuno Men’s Classic Baseball Cleat
- 8. Mizuno Men’s Heist IQ MID Baseball Shoe
- 9. NIKE Huarache 2KFilth Men’s Pro Baseball Cleat
- 10. Mizuno Men’s Heist IQ Baseball Shoe
- Factors to Consider When Selecting the Best Baseball Turf Shoes
Comparison of 10 Best Baseball Turf Shoes of 2020
|Jr. Baseball Shoe Under Armour||
|adidas Men’s Freak X||
|Mizuno Men’s Baseball Cleat||
|Under Armour Men’s UA||
|New Balance Men’s L3000v3||
|Mizuno Men’s Vapor Elite 7||
|Mizuno Men’s Classic||
|Mizuno Men’s Heist IQ MID||
|NIKE Huarache 2KFilth Men’s Pro||
|Mizuno Men’s Heist IQ||
Top 10 Best Baseball Turf Shoes Review in 2020
1. Under Armour Jr. Baseball Shoe
The Boy’s and Men’s Leadoff-Low Baseball Shoes by Under Armour are stylish and highly-functional baseball cleats by the renowned sports apparel maker. The cleats are made of synthetic rubber upper and a rubber sole, giving you some level of adjustability on the type of field surface you can play on. The inner is also well cushioned, with a discrete level of cleat pressure for enhanced maneuverability on harder surfaces.
- Feature a rubber and synthetic leather construct, where the upper is made of durable synthetic leather while the sole is made of sturdy rubber.
- The material combo ensures an extraordinary step-in level of comfort with enhanced support and durability.
- The boots also feature a meshed tongue that enhances the breathability of your feet during play.
- They have a full-length midsole that provides exceptional cushioning, comfort as well as discrete cleat pressure, giving you some flexibility on the type of turf you can practice/play on.
- The cleat soles feature a rubber-moulded design that gives you an optimized level of durability and traction for an array of field surfaces.
- The price ranging for the range of sizes is quite wide.
2. Adidas Men’s Freak X Shoe
The X-Carbon Kids’ Freak Mid-Baseball Shoe by Adidas is a toddlers/beginner’s baseball cleat made from a synthetic leather upper and a rubber sole. This moderately-priced cleat sets your toddler on the right path towards a successful baseball career, given the undeniable ergonomic design as well as the cushy inner sole and incredible ankle support for those tender ankles. The boot is ideal for toddlers between the ages of 1 and 4 years.
- Feature a variant of colours to choose from.
- Range of sizes to fit any toddler.
- Made with synthetic lightweight materials including a synthetic leather upper and a rubber sole.
- Has a shaft that has an approximate low-top arch measurement.
- Comes from a renowned sports shoes and apparel maker, Adidas.
- The cleats have an impressive fit-as-expected percentage of 87%.
- Too small a range of sizes to select from, i.e. only covers kids between 1 and 4 years.
3. Mizuno Men’s Baseball Cleat
The 9-Spike 8BK ADV-Franchise Baseball Cleat by Mizuno that has been optimized for baseball. The cleats feature a lightweight build, thanks to the rubber sole and synthetic leather upper. They are moderately-priced for cleats for adult-sized cleats.
- Features a rubber sole and synthetic leather construct that is lightweight but offering loads of grip on multiple surfaces, thanks to the 9-spike build.
- These are baseball-specific cleats with sturdy rubber studs that enhance durability yet offering loads of comfort for all types of surfaces, including artificial turf.
- The 9-spike design has been optimized for baseball.
- The cleats come with a full-length and cushy midsole that offers maximum comfort even after long hours of practice.
- Features two sizes only for older youths and adults only.
- You only get one colour and rather boring design.
4. Under Armour Men’s UA Ignite Mid ST CC Shoe
The Men’s UA-Ignite Mid-Baseball Cleats by Under Armour are intuitively-designed baseball cleats that come in a range of sizes for adult base ballers. The cleats also come in a variety of colors to choose from, adding to the ergonomic design.
The cleats also feature customizable lace designs that you can choose to fit your playing style or team colors. These low-cut baseball cleats are usable in a variety of field surfaces and can be used for intermediate or recreational baseball.
- he design features a unique synthetic construct of nubuck and synthetic leather for the upper and rubber soles.
- he build balances durability and comfort, thanks to the lightweight construct.
- omes with customizable Under Armour (UA) laces that you can match up with your team colours; includes four colours to choose from (red, cerise-pink, black, and team royal).
- he tongue features a mesh design that provides optimal ventilation whenever needed.
- here is also an EVA die-cut sock liner that adds to the boots support and cushioning.
- he midsoles are cushy and full length, coming from the leading ArmourBound Brand, featuring class-leading shock-absorbing qualities that also spread the forces evenly across the entirety of the cleats.
- A class leading fit-as-expected percentage of 95%.
- The cleats only come in three adult sizes to select from.
5. New Balance Men’s Baseball Shoe
The L3000-v3 Men’s Baseball Shoe by New Balance are multiple-sized baseball cleats that range from small adult sizes (such as 7 Medium – US) to adult large size (16 D – US).
The baseball shoe also comes in a variety of colors to choose from to help you as an athlete to achieve your goals. The product is primarily designed to fit, thus the above average fit-as-expected percentage of 89%.
- Features a combination of synthetic rubber sole and a textile upper for improved breathability, comfort, and a lightweight but durable design for enhanced movements.
- The shoes have been made out of a debris-free built, and features a comfort collar.
- There is a flagship design aspect known as the Fantom Fit that boosts the protection of your feet, including an enhanced toe-protection mechanism.
- The midsole is made of Revlite, a material that boosts comfort and protection during speedy manoeuvres.
- A tad pricier than closely-competing brands.
6. Mizuno Men’s Vapor Elite 7 Low Baseball Cleat
The Men’s Elite-7 Vapor Low-cut Baseball Cleats by Mizuno are well-designed male baseball cleats that feature an intuitive breathable upper design and a synthetic sole. The cleats also come with padded collars and tongues that maximize support and comfort.
There is also the lace enclosing that secures your feet snuggly, while the upper-side perforations ensure increased airflow. The mesh liner as well as the fully-sized mid-sole offer maximized comfort.
- Features a uniquely-designed 9-spike outer sole that maximizes the three key baseball movements, i.e. throwing, hitting, and running.
- The cleats have Pro-Flex grooving that allow maximum outer sole flexibility for an authentic comfy feel.
- The upper consists of perforations that boost breathability.
- They have a breathable tongue with meshing as well as a padded collar also for enhancing comfort.
- Design only for adult male base ballers.
- Wide price range for the not-so-wide range of fitting shoe numbers.
7. Mizuno Men’s Classic Baseball Cleat
The Men’s Advanced-Classic 9-Spike Baseball Cleats by Mizuno are leather upper and synthetic sole baseball cleats for men with multiple color combinations. The sole is made of sturdy and durable rubber materials with a 9-Spike construct that have been strategically placed for maximum grip on varying baseball surfaces. The shoes come in size 15 D and 16 D for adult males. It also features an impressive fit-as-expected percentage of 83%.
- The boots’ upper is made from durable leather while the sole is made of synthetic rubber.
- The mid soles have been designed using the patented Wave Technology that optimizes cushioning at the full length of the boots.
- For an optimal grip, the sole has a 9-spike design, with individual spikes placed strategically for an ideal grip for all approach angles.
- The boots have also been designed with Forefoot-Flex ProFlex Tech that provides the player with multiple flex angles and points.
- The spikes may be too grippy that they damage your artificial turf with just a few games.
8. Mizuno Men’s Heist IQ MID Baseball Shoe
The Heist-IQ Men’s Mid-Baseball Cleats by Mizuno is a mid-cut baseball cleat that features a synthetic build, including a synthetic sole with metallic spikes designed for a better grip and a synthetic leather upper for a lightweight construct without compromising on durability and comfort.
The outer sole boosts flexibility and torsion while maximizing your traction. However, this kind of spikes may not be ideal for artificial turf as it causes a lot of abrasion. The cleats come in several adult sizes you can choose from, with an okay fit-as-expected percentage for online buyers.
- The fit-as-expected percentage of 84% is comparable to similar brands, and the shoes feature a variety of sizes and colours to choose from.
- Features a synthetic build with metal studs on the outer sole which are designed to boost your speed and manoeuvrability especially on hard surfaces.
- It provides the player with a superior fit that maximizes acceleration while curtailing power loss.
- The inner soles are full length with a lightweight construct that provides a comfy and cushy feel.
- Designed only for adult baseballers.
- The metallic spikes are not ideal for artificial turf as they can easily rip it off.
9. NIKE Huarache 2KFilth Men’s Pro Baseball Cleat
Nike’s Huarache Pro Men’s 2K-Filth Baseball Cleats are mid to high-priced baseball cleats for men ranging from size 6.5 D for older youth to size 14 D for adult males. The cleats come in a variety of colors including Anthracite, Wolf Grey, Black, and White. They are made of synthetic material including synthetic leather and a rubber sole.
- Made of TPU meshing, synthetic leather, and Phylon midsoles.
- The TPU meshing and leather build enhances durability, breathability, and comfort.
- The Phylon material use to make the mid soles is lightweight, aerated, and cushy for extra comfort.
- There are geometric divots that help in creating a slick surface which actively prevents dirt build-up on the shoes.
- The fit-as-expected percentage is within the class average at a score of 80.
- The bigger cleats are quite pricey.
10. Mizuno Men’s Heist IQ Baseball Shoe
The Heist-IQ Men’s Baseball Shoes by Mizuno are multi-sized baseball cleats for men, ranging from size 7.5 to 14. With an impressive fit-as-expected percentage of 86%, you can be positive when you purchase them online. The cleats have been designed for speed on the baseball track/diamond; speed for when you need it most.
- The cleats are made of synthetic materials including a synthetic sole, a 3-layered no-sew outer, and integrated meshing.
- The spikes, made of metal, have been designed for the best sprints.
- They offer a superior fit for maximization on acceleration and minimizing loss of power.
- The outer sole is made of intuitive IQ tech that enhances flexibility, resilience, and torsion, while offering the player maximum traction despite the lightweight construct.
- The midsole features a full-length U4ic construct featuring innovative lightweight materials that offer optimal cushiness, resilience in multi-use play, and responsiveness.
- The metal spikes are likely to damage soft-layered field surfaces such as artificial turf.
Factors to Consider When Selecting the Best Baseball Turf Shoes
While many people opt for baseball cleats for added traction, you need shoes that do not tear-up your artificial turf or that of the baseball team you play at. Also, baseball turf shoes are often categorized among running sneakers.
This is wrong especially since turf shoes are mostly adopted for artificial turf unlike running sneakers because turf shoes have more tread on their soles than normal running shoes. As such, baseball turf shoes are able to deliver sufficient grip on hardened surfaces such as artificial turf. Here are the main things you should consider when selecting an ideal pair of baseball turf shoes.
This should be the first attribute that you should consider for any baseball turf shoe. Artificial turf normally does not require a similar amount of tread like the common baseball cleats, but you will still require shoes that have enough traction for enhanced speed and balance.
Using baseball cleats on such a surface will most likely destroy the turf while causing you unnecessary pain since they are not adapted for hard surfaces, just like using treadles shoes on regular smooth surfaces can cause slipping injuries. So, be wise and select the right pair of baseball turf shoes with good treads.
Durability of the Shoes
Just like durability is an important aspect for every piece of equipment, it is also essential when choosing the right pair of baseball turf shoes. If you are a regular baseball player, it is recommended that you go for turf shoes that are made of strong and durable leather.
The most common mix of materials that can offer you both a lightweight feel and durability is synthetic leather that has meshing. Since buying the best baseball turf shoes is an investment, you should get the most value out of them for the longest time period. Therefore, purchasing durable shoes should be among your first priorities when selecting the turf shoes.
While the baseball game is fun, being on your feet for prolonged periods of time is not that fun. Therefore, in selecting the best baseball turf shoes, you need to go for a pair that makes you feel comfortable.
Normally, comfy turf shoes usually feature soft mid-soles with a capacity to absorb shockwaves caused by sprints or sharp maneuvers. This boosts your ability to make runs for the ball at a faster pace. Ideally, go for turf shoe that have a sufficient amount of cushioning for enhanced comfort.
Basically, it is recommended that you select shoes that are of a lightweight construct. Heavy or bulky shoes will have the effect of slowing you down especially when you need to make fast maneuvers.
A lightweight shoe gives you loads of comfort as well in addition to enhanced maneuverability, since being fast on the diamond is critical to both the team and the player. You will find out that baseball turf shoes are ideally lesser in weight than baseball cleats since they do not feature the metallic or sturdy rubber spikes that cleats have.
Most turf shoes do not feature absolute ankle support, but for players who appreciate it, is an added advantage especially for angled maneuvers. Most turf shoes come in a low-cut design (i.e. no ankle support), but a significant number of them feature a mid-cut construct.
However, if ankle support does not rank as a priority, then either of the constructs can be useful for you. Conversely, for those who require extra support/stability around their ankle area, mid-cut turf shoes are ideal in preventing ankle rolls. Ankle support is considered more of a preference than being a standard, but it is usually a worthy consideration for competitive baseballers.
All in all, the best baseball turf shoes in the market are those that offer a lightweight build, enough comfort even with long hours of play, have a grippy tread, and are durable. These features should appear on most moderately-priced turf shoes.
By following this guide, you are assured of selecting the best baseball turf shoes on the market, some of which are among the discussed brands in our list. Have a fruitful baseball session with the best baseball turf shoes.