Selecting the right batting glove for you or your child bears the key to creating a long-lasting and loving bond between the bat handle and your hands. You might even want to consider them as an extension of your hands. The best batting gloves are meant to provide you with the right grip and feel that helps in aiding the best solid swings.
Table of Contents
- Comparison of 10 Best Batting Gloves in 2020
- Top 10 Best Batting Gloves Review in 2020
- 1. Franklin Sports MLB Digitek Batting Gloves
- 2. Easton Youth HS VRS Batting Gloves
- 3. Clutch Sports Apparel Baseball and Softball Batting Gloves
- 4. Under Armour Men’s Clean Up V Batting Gloves
- 5. Under Armour Boys’ Clean-Up VI Baseball Batting Gloves
- 6. Under Armour Men’s Clean-Up VI Batting Gloves
- 7. DeMarini Digi Camo II Batting Gloves
- 8. Franklin Sports MLB Shok-Sorb Neo Batting Gloves
- 9. Easton Z7 Hyperskin Batting Pair Gloves
- 10. CFX-Pro Batting Gloves by Franklin Sports
- Why you Should Wear Batting Gloves
- Tips in Hand-Picking the Best Batting Gloves
Comparison of 10 Best Batting Gloves in 2020
|Franklin Sports MLB Digitek||
|Easton Youth HS VRS||
|Clutch Sports Apparel||
|Under Armour Men’s Clean Up V||
|Under Armour Boys’ Clean-Up VI||
|Under Armour Men’s Clean-Up VI||
|DeMarini Digi Camo II||
|Franklin Sports MLB Shok-Sorb Neo||
|Easton Z7 Hyperskin||
|Franklin Sports MLB CFX Pro||
Top 10 Best Batting Gloves Review in 2020
1. Franklin Sports MLB Digitek Batting Gloves
The Digitek MLB Batting Gloves by Franklin Sports are ergonomically designed batting gloves featuring Tri-Curve design technology that gives you or your aspiring young kid a flexible feel and fit.
The gloves are made of durable high-grade leather heel patches and digitally-etched microfiber palms that both work together in enhancing your batting comfort and grip. Also, you get to stand out with the cool digital camo-print. This multi-functional batting glove gives you the utmost athletic feel, fit, as well as look.
- The microfibers used to make the palm are digitally etched, thus ensuring maximum comfort as well as utility.
- The heel patch is made of top-grade genuine leather which ensures durability even with daily usage.
- With the Tri-Curve technology, you get to enjoy a perfect fit for any kind of arm.
- The glove gives you, the batter, an athletic fit and feel, thus boosting your confidence.
- The digital labelling as well as multiple patterns and colours to choose from makes you stand out as a cool batter.
- The product guide does not include a range of ages that the batting glove is most appropriate for.
2. Easton Youth HS VRS Batting Gloves
Easton’s HS-VRS Youth Batting Gloves are best batting gloves designed for the frequent batter. The batting glove features a thickened goatskin leather palm that has been made thick to withstand long batting sessions.
The glove features Zonal Flex on each joint and knuckle and it has also been paired with 3D-printed diamond meshes that maximizes the glove’s comfort and fit. Additionally, there are four strategically fitted VRS Pads for the palms that actively reduce blistering and vibration.
- The batting glove features an extended (40% longer) neoprene wrist which ensures flexibility.
- It features thickened leather palms to withstand long periods of batting abuse.
- The Zonal Flex on each joint and knuckle which had been paired with the 3D-printed diamond meshing significantly enhances the batter’s comfort and grip.
- The VRS Pads for the palms add extra safety for the palms.
- The glove comes only in one color/shade: Royal white.
3. Clutch Sports Apparel Baseball and Softball Batting Gloves
Clutch Sports Apparel’s Softball and Baseball Batting Gloves bear the American Nationalism Spirit by donning the American flag print, while offering adequate functionality for both left-handed and right-handed softballers and baseballers.
The gloves feature Original Clutch design technology with a restriction-free back for enhanced hand mobility and comfort. There is also performance meshing to enhance breathability while reducing perspiration as you bat.
- The batting gloves feature a flagship new design with silicon-on-palm which enhances the gloves grip.
- The gloves can be used interchangeably, making them suitable for both right and left-handed softballers and baseballers.
- The Original Clutch design technology provides additional grip for the gloves.
- The gloves are also pre-curved at the fingers to provide batters with a natural hand fit.
- While the American flag print design embodies the American Spirit of patriotism, it may not suit everybody.
4. Under Armour Men’s Clean Up V Batting Gloves
The Clean-Up V Men’s Batting Gloves by Under Armour are stylishly designed best batting gloves by the renowned sport apparel and equipment manufacturer.
Made from soft goatskin leather, these gloves come in pairs and feature HeatGear embroidery technology which ensures fast drying of your hand wicks in addition to the 4-way stretching allowance. The gloves also feature synthetic embossed overlays that add to your grip, support, and structure without impinging on your flexibility.
- The gloves come in pairs and are thus easily interchangeable.
- They also feature some functional locker tags.
- The goatskin leather construct enhances softened comfort on your palm while maintaining the glove durability.
- There is enough ventilation for your fingers due to the ergonomically-designed finger perforations on the palm side.
- The wrist is contoured, ensuring a comfortable and easy fit for your wrist.
- The brand name may make the gloves a bit pricier than normal.
5. Under Armour Boys’ Clean-Up VI Baseball Batting Gloves
If you are planning to teach your young kid some baseball batting basics, then the Clean-Up Vi Boy’s Batting Gloves by Under Armour might be a great choice of glove to start with. These batting gloves have been designed for boys from the age of 10 years with a variety of features that help their small hands learn how to enhance their grip.
The gloves are manufactured using a mixture of synthetic fibers embroidered on the back and high-quality goatskin leather that can easily withstand daily use and abuse during batting. The gloves also feature HeatGear embroidery technology that allow your young boy’s hand to perspire without losing his grip.
- The gloves embody an intricate mixture of goatskin leather and synthetic embroidery that ensures maximum comfort during batting.
- The synthetically-embossed overlays ensure added support, grip, as well as structure while enhancing your boy’s hand flexibility during swings.
- There is extra ventilation on the palm side of the fingers to further maximize on comfort.
- For personalized customization, the brand offers internal-locker tags.
- It features only black and white colors which may not be very exciting for a young boy.
6. Under Armour Men’s Clean-Up VI Batting Gloves
The Clean-Up Vi Men’s Batting Gloves by Under Armour are batting gloves best suited for men from 18 years and above. The gloves feature a variety of sizes ranging from small to XX-large to accommodate for all hand sizes for men.
The gloves are made from high-quality goatskin leather combined with synthetic fibers for maximum comfort and usability. You can also buy the gloves in pairs, making them easily interchangeable.
- The gloves feature the HeatGear embroidery technology which makes them easy to use even in hot conditions.
- The goatskin leather ensures maximum usage and durability while the synthetic fibers ensure utmost ventilation and comfort.
- The batting gloves can be customized using the internal locker tags.
- The gloves vary widely in pricing even though they are all meant for grown-ups.
7. DeMarini Digi Camo II Batting Gloves
Indulge in the DeMarini ergonomic batting glove design with multiple prints of choice for any time of the season. The DeMarini Digi-Camo 2 best Batting Gloves offer you with a classical feel and comfort, thanks to the intuitively-designed knuckle bends backed by a smoothened sheepskin leather palm for ultimate batting comfort. With these gloves, you can be assured of standing out from the crowd.
- The sheepskin leather palm offers a smooth and comfortable feel on your palm as you bat away.
- The backhand of the glove includes a four-way stretch including an embroidered rib for enhanced ventilation.
- The gloves also feature a Pro-Grade strapping on the wrist for wicking away moisture.
- There is also a Silicon-overlay backhand that moulds the hand and maintains your grip structure.
- The gloves are not very appropriate for young batters as the fingers are a tad too long even for the smaller sizes.
8. Franklin Sports MLB Shok-Sorb Neo Batting Gloves
The Neo Shock-Sorb Batting Gloves by Franklin Sports are shock-absorbing batting gloves made of fine leather and advanced padding systems/designs that helps in eliminating the bat sting. What makes these gloves to stand out from the rest is the uniform palm design that features no stitch lines, seams, or other markings that normally cause discomfort when batting.
This is due to the ingenious Tri-Curve design process used in their manufacture that enhance natural hand postures and positions when batting, thus reducing the uncomfortable wrinkling under your palms and on your backhand. Despite the intuitive design, these batting gloves are moderately priced.
- Includes flagship batting technologies such as Shok-Sorb padding systems for bat sting elimination and the Tri-Curve manufacturing process for marketing-leading levels of glove comfort over extended use.
- The gloves have a see-through mesh with Lycra-backing that enhances comfort and ventilation.
- They are also made of smooth sheepskin leather for utmost tactility and softness despite the batting conditions.
- They feature strategic flex points that offer an unrestricted performance.
- The design might look plain and boring to many. However, the features and the pricing may convince you to overlook the plain design.
9. Easton Z7 Hyperskin Batting Pair Gloves
The Hyperskin Z7 Batting Gloves by Easton are medium-priced best batting gloves (they come in pairs) that are an easy fit for your young kid and adults as well. The gloves, which can be used interchangeably, feature a variety of colors and patterns for you to choose from.
The batting gloves have previously been featured in the World Series for Little League Baseball, thanks to its class-winning design and utility. The gloves are made of strong but soft goatskin leather that ensures you have a firm grip that is reliable.
The gloves backhands have been designed with flagship Base-Camo design technology using highly flexible Silicon-infused Hyperskin Lycra with a reduced number of seams that make the glove more comfortable to the feel.
- The gloves feature the company’s intuitively-designed Lock-Down Strap that provides an extra 40mm of supporting neoprene wrist band.
- The gloves have been recognized in several World League Series for Baseball, thus attesting to their trusted performance even at a professional level.
- The gloves have been built with a right mix of soft goatskin leather and silicon-infused Hyperskin Lycra which gives batters class-leading flexibility.
- The glove sizes have not been clearly stratified into age groups compared to rival brands.
10. CFX-Pro Batting Gloves by Franklin Sports
The CFX-Pro Batting Gloves by Franklin Sports is a highly-trusted brand mostly used by professional baseballers. The glove has been built with lots of technological advancements such as Tectonic-fit and Floating Thumb Technologies that have been patented by the company.
These technologies have helped in enhancing the comfortability of use and boosting the players’ grip even with long usage. There are many designs and colors to choose from.
- Features a high tactile leather palm that gives the batter a seamless and smooth feel using any bat and in all conditions.
- The glove has been built using Floating Thumb Technology that enhances glove adaptability and flexibility.
- The construct of the glove includes neoprene bridging that offers additional flexibility on the knuckle back.
- The Tectonic-fit technology used on the glove helps in accommodating extra flex without adding onto the bulk on the back of your hand.
- Comes as a single glove despite the significantly higher prices compared to rival brands.
- The prices may seem a bit deterring but you may consider that they are highly professional gloves.
Why you Should Wear Batting Gloves
Batting gloves help in boosting your grip quality on either a metallic or wooden bat while decreasing the perspiration rate in your hands. When you maintain a controlled yet tight grip, you, the player, are able to better your plate results, whether you are playing professionally or just as a hobby. Best Batting gloves also increase a player’s protection as the greatly reduce the vibration and stinging feel after a hit.
They also reduce blistering on your hands. In this review, we will guide you through the process of selecting just the right glove for you or your kid. We will also review some of the top brands of batting gloves and what makes them stand out from the rest.
Tips in Hand-Picking the Best Batting Gloves
Finding the right bat glove size for you is straightforward. You simply measure the length of your hand starting at the edge of your palm to the tip of the middle finger. Always remember to take the measurements of your dominant hand.
The glove you choose should be comfortable yet fit snugly. Choosing loose batting gloves may cause a lot of bat slippage while overly tight gloves may have an impact on the movement of your hands as you swing.
Basically, there are two main types of materials used in making bat gloves. Synthetic and leather. They both bear their clear-cut benefits. Batting gloves made of leather usually give a natural feel and are likely to give you a better grip than those made out of synthetic materials.
On the other hand, synthetic gloves offer a lot of flexibility and comfort and are also easy to clean. Some of the manufacturers will mix these materials (i.e. synthetic fingers and leather palms) so you can enjoy both the classical but rugged feel of leather and the flexibility offered by synthetic materials.
Style of the Wrist
Deciding on the wrist style of your batting gloves is also crucial. Some batting gloves may have a quickly adjusting option but may get wet or dirty too quick, which affects the gloves’ effectiveness. Others my offer a simulation of taped wrists that help some batters to enjoy a compressional feel for a better swing.
Also, other brands offer a low profile that give you an unrestricted motion range. The style of wrist you choose mostly depends on how comfortable and ‘grippy’ you need your batting glove to be.
There is a wide range of features to select from in various batting glove brands. While some brands offer gloves with articulated thumbs that enhance the glove’s mobility, others offer gloves with curved fingers which curve naturally thus reducing the pinch of excess fabric under your knuckles.
Also, some batting gloves will feature extra palm padding while others will offer hand shields that are custom-molded for extra safety. All in all, selecting the right batting glove will entail a process of first understanding your swinging motions, the level of grip and comfort needed, wrist style, and material preference. Go for a glove that meets most (if not all) of your batting needs, while considering your budget.
Hand-picking the best batting gloves essentially levels down to unique player preferences. By following this guide, you can make an informed decision when you consider the highlighted selection tips.
The reviews will also help in selecting some of the batting gloves that my suit your style. Therefore, you can be ready to take on your next batting challenge with utmost confidence at the batter’s box.